Episode 8 – New Year’s Resolutions and Mint.com
January 7, 2013
The secret to a good New Year’s Resolution is to start slow. Find out how to determine where you are. This will be the first of a series of tips to figure out where to start in your finances.
- New Year Resolution: Get Out of Debt
- Living Below Your Means Is a Challenge For Everyone
- 3 Reasons Why You Won’t Get Out of Debt in 2013
- A Financial Check-Up for the New Year
- The Secret to Keeping a New Year’s Resolution
- Start By Figuring Out Where You Are Now And Where You Came From
- Mint.com – Easy Budgeting
And last, but not least, a follow up on our last Episode about the “fiscal cliff”
Episode 7 – How The Fiscal Cliff Affects Consumers & Time Issues In Foreclosure
December 19, 2012
This week we talk about how the “Fiscal Cliff” will affect consumers. Forget about taxes, forget about deductions, think about unemployment checks. And then we have a short discussion on the time it takes to foreclose and the burden that has on homeowners who are losing their homes. Next episode after the beginning of the new year. See you then!
- Tax Break for Mortgage Forgiveness Set to Expire on December 31, 2012
- Mortgage Interest Deduction: Most Consumers Don’t Use the Tax Break, Report Finds — AOL Real Estate
- Extended Unemployment Benefits Could Fall Off Fiscal Cliff
- Realty Trac reviews how long it takes for a foreclosure: State by State
Episode 6 – Payoff.com And More Or Less Debt?
December 10, 2012
This week Jay explains a new service called Payoff.com to Gene who doesn’t get it. From there we talk about budgeting and paying down debt. We highlight Starbucks profit margin on their high-end coffee. Finally, we discuss proposed criminal penalties for overcharging military personnel on payday loans.
- Payoff.com and Encore Capital Group Partner on Consumer Repayment Solution
- Pay Your Bills on a Weekly Cycle, Not a Monthly One
- Households back to slashing debt, Fed says
- What Starbucks’ $7 coffee is really worth
- Senate Passes Military Lending Amendment to Defense Bill – really?. I mean, really.
Episode 5 – Get Out Of Debt
December 4, 2012
This week we talk about Fannie Mae’s recent offer to rent your house back to you in a foreclsoure and the psychology of being in debt and how to get out of debt. Our guest panelist is Steve Rhode, the Get Out of Debt Guy. Steve has a no-nonsense view of debt settlement and bankruptcy that looks to the best solution for the consumer and is not afraid to recommend bankruptcy if the solution fits.
Episode 4 – Twinkies and Relaxation
November 21, 2012
This week we talk about the hot issue of today – Twinkies! And with the financial stress that comes with the holidays, we talk about things you can do to relieve that stress.
- Twinkie’s will live on – Even in Bankruptcy
- 6 Stress-Reduction Tips For Cash-Strapped Times
- The latest news about Twinkie’s
Episode 3 – Understanding Why And How We Spend (Or Save) Our Money
November 13, 2012
This week’s episode features a free range discussion with Leslie Linfield of the Institute of Financial Literacy. The topics run the ebb and flow of spending and savings habits, the effects on the national economy and personal relationships, retirement planning and the Here’s what we talked about:
Episode 2 – The Effects of Hurricane Sandy on Credit and Objecting to Claims in Chapter 13
November 6, 2012
This week’s episode is somewhat shorter due to the impact of Hurricane Sandy and the NACBA Fall Workshop in Amelia Island, Florida – not necessarily in that order. Here’s what we talked about:
Episode 1 – CFPB & Credit Bureaus, Electronic Wallets, Filing Bankruptcy, & Debt Settlement
October 29, 2012
This weks panelist with Jay and Gene was Josh Cohen, of the Student Loan Lawyer. Topics we covered:
- CFPB Expands Consumer Complaint System to Include Credit Bureaus
- Mobile Wallets: Too Much of a Good Thing?
- Is Bankruptcy a bad thing?
- New Info on Debt Settlement–Trap for America’s Consumers
Money Go Roundtable Is Coming Soon
October 22, 2012
We’re coming soon, so subscribe to the podcast and never miss an episode!