Money Go Roundtable 15 – Discharge of Private Student Loans – The Washington Report
March 4, 2013
This past week, Gene was in Washington D.C. to speak to members of Congress about the passage of two proposals to allow discharge of non-federally guaranteed student loans in bankruptcy. Prior to 2005, such loans were dischargeable when you filed bankruptcy. These bills represent a return to reasonableness in a One Trillion Dollar market.
- Private Student Loan Bankruptcy Rule Traps Graduates With Debt Amid Calls For Reform
- As Student Loan Debt Surpasses $1 Trillion, Senators Introduce Legislation To Address Crisis
- S. 114: Fairness for Struggling Students Act of 2013
- H.R. 532: Private Student Loan Bankruptcy Fairness Act of 2013
- Fairness For Struggling Students Act Would Reform Private Student Loan Bankruptcy Rules
Best way to contact your Senator or Representative in Congress is by email. You can locate your Congressman (or Congresswoman) on this Congressional Website for the Senate and the House.